Our journey began in the United Kingdom, back in 1937. Since then, we’ve helped provide outdoor protection to a wide range of people – including Mt. Everest adventurers, extreme backpackers and survivalists, and explorers of both the North and South Poles. Of course, we’ve always felt that every adventure is as important as the last, which is why our range of products are just as suitable for everyday garments as they are for technical survival gear. We’ve worked hard to encourage and enable adventure in every way, and endeavoured to keep you warm, safe, and dry – no matter where your travels take you.
To better help you enjoy the freedom of the outdoors, we’ve dedicated ourselves to the research and development of cutting edge innovations. We’ve researched new technologies to better combat the worst weather conditions around the world. And, we’ve exported our products to over 50 countries – making it easier for you to get the protection you need the moment you need it most!
- 1937 – Grangers was founded, and set up operations in Watford, in the UK.
- 1947 – Grangers developed the world’s first ever water-based waterproofing solution for the outdoors market, paving the way for responsible protection.
- 1953 – Grangers products helped protect equipment used during the first Mt. Everest summit.
- 1977 – Our chairman, Martyn Rose, purchased the company and began transforming Grangers into the market leader it is today.
- 1990 – Grangers moved to its current home in Alfreton, Derbyshire, where we continue to this day.
The Science of Protection...
For nearly 10 years, Grangers have championed our PFC-free aftercare solutions and we were the first aftercare company to earn bluesign® system approval for the vast majority of our products. The bluesign® system checks the environmentally-aware credentials of an entire production chain, resulting in a product completely free from harmful substances and processes.
In addition to being a bluesign® system partner, we also work closely with SATRA – an independent authority on footwear, leather goods, and apparel – to ensure that our products remain as effective as possible. We support the Responsible Down Standard, to ensure that the garment manufacturers we work with use only ethically sources down. And, we have ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation, further demonstrating our commitment to the environment.
Whatever your reason for choosing Grangers, you can be sure that we’re dedicated to protecting both you and your outdoors kit. And, if you’re still not convinced, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a tweet at @grangers, or message us via Facebook.