As the Buying assistant you must be able to build strong working relationships in order to communicate technical information to people of all operating levels, as you will be in constant communication with suppliers and colleagues throughout the production process.
A major part of the role will be expediting purchase orders, chasing overdue orders.
- Processing of component and factored goods orders to meet production and customer needs.
- Support set up of Products and Bill of Materials.
- Effective control of phase in/out parts.
- Communicate & report effectively to colleagues.
- Propose solutions to solve daily supply issues.
- Purchasing experience within an MRP environment is useful.
- Experience within a high-volume environment would be an advantage.
- Good General Level of Education.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office. Excel is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise work load without supervision
To apply please send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org